Copyright © Lashae Karsin ღ
Design by Dzignine
Wednesday, June 18, 2014

After All, Tomorrow Is Another Day

After All, Tomorrow Is Another Day
Click photo to enlarge.

A new round of The Seraphim Social started a few days ago.  This particular event is near and dear to my heart because it was first started by Vixen Thibedeau, Liane Boomhauer and myself last summer.  All three of us share a passion for reading, and we thought it would be fun to have a book club in Second Life where designers create products for each month's chosen theme.  However, we have all went our separate ways from Seraphim since last summer, but that doesn't mean our love of reading and seeing those books come to life has diminished at all!

The selected book for this round is Gone With the Wind (if you couldn't tell from my post title).  I started reading this book when I was in high school or college and never completely finished; I think I may have made it about halfway through.  I have, however, seen the movie multiple times as I am sure many of you have.  To be quite honest, Scarlett O'Hara always got on my nerves.  She seemed very petty and self-righteous.  Not exactly the type of female I would get along with in real life.

The dress I'm wearing is available at The Seraphim Social and is by Coquet.  I really love how the shoulders droop off to the sides; it gives the dress a very casual and laid back look.  I could imagine Scarlett wearing something like this if she had existed in the modern day.  Although you cannot see the back of the dress in my photo, the draped design of the bottom portion of the dress is very interesting.  The drape begins just above the butt and flairs out sort of like a curtain (I wonder if that could be a reference to the dress Scarlett wore made of curtains) to reveal a more plain textured fabric underneath.  If you would like to see the vendor picture which clearly gives a view of both sides, please click here.

The necklace I am wearing is also available at The Seraphim Social, although you cannot see it very well in my photo.  The necklace comes with a color change HUD for the pearls and the stones found on the jewelry.  Matching earrings are also available.  To see the vendor picture please click here.

If you would like to see a gallery of everything available at The Seraphim Social, please check out Seraphim's coverage.


Credits
Clothing: Gone With the Wind Dress in White by Coquet at The Seraphim Social
Jewelry: Melly Necklace by Cae at The Seraphim Social
Shoes: Lola Heels in Cherry by Ingenue at Collabor88
Feet: Mesh Female Feet High by Slink
Hands: Mesh Hands Elegant1 by Slink
Hair: Hope by TRUTH
Skin: Summer II in America 08 with Lipstick 02 by Glam Affair at Collabor88
Skin Applier: Slink Hands and Feet Applier in America by Glam Affair
Eyes: Eternal Eyes in Storm by IKON
Pose: Scarlett #2 by elephante poses at The Seraphim Social
Location: The Pixel Bean Coffee House


0 comments:

Post a Comment