Copyright © Lashae Karsin ღ
Design by Dzignine
Sunday, October 7, 2012

A Brisk Fall Day

A Brisk Fall Day

I have always loved watching the leaves change colors each fall... Even if it means the trees will soon be bare for a good five months.  I have never been fond of the extremely hot temperatures that summer brings or the extremely cold temperatures that winter brings; spring and fall hold the wonderful in-between temperatures that I long for most of the year.

I have always preferred fall and winter fashion over spring or summer.  I love coats and sweaters and layers upon layers of warmth!  I'm very excited to see what designers put out this season; the quality of mesh has improved so much over the past year, and I am sure those newly found skills will shine through in their new releases.  I think I have a bit of an obsession with coats in my real life and my second life, but before mesh, I didn't purchase a lot of outerwear in world because the prims and sculpts simply did not look realistic.  Posing for photos with those primitive designs was a nightmare; mesh has most definitely made photography a lot easier.

The coat I'm wearing for this photo is NYU's contribution to the October collection of FaMESHed.  I love the high collar and the large buttons and buckle.  The texture is also amazing and adds a lot of depth and character to the piece.  The coat is available in nine wool colors, three leather colors and includes five sizes and an alpha layer.  As beautiful as the coat is, I do have to say that I would have loved it a little more if the backside had been a bit curvier; a flat behind is something I have never been accused of having... and I like it!

I know that I am a little late on the Maitreya mesh boots train, but when I saw the jacket, these boots were the only thing that I thought of to put with it!  Shoes are something I have never allowed myself to indulge in since good quality comes at a rather high price in world... and in real life to be honest.  I think I may allow myself to splurge a little more often than I have in the past to build up a nice variety for my inventory.  I have so many clothes... I'm sure I could spend a little less there to get a little more elsewhere.  The boots are available in twenty-five colors; if you would like to grab more than one color, it is more affordable to purchase a pack of three (1250L) than it is to purchase colors separately (750L each).  Of course the downfall to that strategy is that you cannot choose the three colors in a three pair pack.  Maitreya has also set out a pair of these boots in a tan color for only 225L for VIP members; the group is surprisingly absolutely free to join.

A Brisk Fall Day

The perfect mesh accessory for this outfit came with LaGyo's addition to the latest release at The Dressing Room.  Titiana is a color change piece with three main colors and three metal colors.  I absolutely love texture change jewelry since it allows you to have so much variety for your money.


Credits
Clothing: Trench Coat in Wool Scarlet by NYU @ FaMESHed
Shoes: Radical Boots in Suede Coal by Maitreya
Jewelry: Titiana by LaGyo @ The Dressing Room
Hair: Control in Brown 08 by [elikatira]
Skin: *May Blackbird 2 in Sunset Light by Curio (Currently not available)
Poses: [1] *Go-Go 4 and [2] *Golightly 5 by aDORKable Poses
Location: Water Reserve

* Denotes promotional copy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment