Copyright © Lashae Karsin ღ
Design by Dzignine
Sunday, December 9, 2012

O Little Town

O Little Town

It's funny how simple things can trigger so many memories.  I had a flood of them come back to me while I was shopping The Arcade last weekend.  I remember wearing footie pajamas as a child, and the holiday town was something I just could no go without getting.  I suppose that some things are sentimentally invaluable.

My sisters and I grew up in a single parent home; we actually all lived with my grandparents until I was eight years old.  My mom was there with us, but she didn't make enough money for us to live on our own.  I never felt weird or different because of where we lived; I loved spending time with my grandmother and would never trade those moments for anything.  My grandmother was truly like a second mother to my sisters and me, and there hasn't been a day in the past seven years that I haven't missed her.

My grandparents' house was really old; parts of it were over 100 years old (there had been additional sections added over the years).  The age made the house a bit drafty, and there definitely hadn't been any updates to add central heating and cooling.  Needless-to-say, it got cold in the winter.  Mom would always have us wear footie pajamas to stay warm, and when it got really cold, we would move one of the mattresses into the living room where there was a fireplace (Don't worry... it was a large living room, and we were a safe distance away from the fireplace).  I know it probably sounds silly, but I sometimes miss the days of us all being snuggled up together trying to stay warm.  I did have a taste of this a few years ago, however, when our electricity went out for five days after a massive snow storm; we were once again all snuggled up by the fireplace.

I hadn't thought about wearing those pajamas for years until I saw the footie pajamas by Cracked Mirror at The Arcade.  Eight common colors/textures and two rare textures are available.  A rare item is designated as such because there is a much smaller chance that you will get one of these items compared to the common items.  When playing the gacha, you have to choose one of five mesh sizes that you want your prize to come in; a free demo is available for you to check out before you make your gamble at 50L per play.

O Little Town

As I mentioned earlier, when I was eight we were finally able to get our own house.  It was bittersweet since I loved spending so much time with my grandmother, but we did need our own space to grow in at the same time.  I still got to spend a lot of time with my grandma though since she only lived half a mile away; she watched us after school, and I stayed all night with her almost every weekend.

I know most children look forward to putting up a tree every Christmas... and I did as well, but what I really looked forward to was putting up our Christmas village that we got after moving to our new house.  That was my job every year!  We had glass coffee tables, and I would use two of them for the town.  One table was taller than the other; so, it added a little bit of depth to the overall look.  I was so careful when placing each of the fragile pieces, hooking the lights up to them, spreading all the snow around, deciding where the frozen pond was going to go, adding trees all over the place... The list goes on and on.  I loved that village so much!  My mother does still have it, and even though I'm no longer there to put it out each year, I still look forward to seeing it when I stop by her house.

I suppose I will need to purchase my own Christmas village someday, but when I saw the village by PILOT at The Arcade, I knew that I had to have it for my virtual home. There are eight common pieces to the set and two rare pieces.  I really wish that I had had a display table like the one that was made for this set; I guess I can keep that in mind when I purchase a real life set for my house.  The pieces are very low prim ranging from one to nine land impacts each (Only one house is nine... all the rest are three or less).  I love how much detail can be put into mesh pieces at such a low land impact cost.  It really is amazing!  The gacha is 50L per play, and I must warn you... it is very addictive trying to get all of the pieces!

O Little Town


Credits
Clothing: Footie Pajamas in Pink by Cracked Mirror @ The Arcade
Hair: Kimmi in Dirty by Illusory (Re-branded Auxiliary)
Skin: Geanna Frostbite Skin Pale BLB by Izzie's @ Collabor88
Makeup: [Eyeliner] Black Eyeliner Gentle Fume by Acid & Mala
Eyes: Eternal Eyes in Storm by IKON
Lashes: 2011 Lashes Curl by LeLutka
Hands: Mesh Hands Relaxed by Slink
Props: Christmas Village by PILOT @ The Arcade and Friendship Bear by Damien Fate Free
Build: The Porcelain by [ABODE] (No longer available)
Poses: [1] Floored II 5 and [2] Flower Child 2 by aDORKable Poses

0 comments:

Post a Comment