Copyright © Lashae Karsin ღ
Design by Dzignine
Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Pieces of My Closet IX

Pieces IX

My outfit this week is completely inspired by Black Friday shopping.  I don't participate in real life (I tried that once, and it didn't work out so well.), but I know there will be lots of sales in Second Life as well; so, of course Seraphim is covering it!  We wanted to do a group shot to head the coverage page, but I didn't really want to go out and buy a new outfit.  So... I decided to pair it up with my Pieces of My Closet post!

When I think of all day shopping, the first thought that comes to mind is to wear something that is comfortable but still cute.  I had completely forgotten about purchasing this top from Maitreya.  I'm almost positive that I bought it for a 52 Weeks of Color post, but the color wasn't close enough to what I was looking for.  So, like everything else, it got lost in my inventory.  The sweater is available in twelve colors and includes four sizes and an alpha layer; a free demo is available for your convenience.

I know that I said absolutely no new purchases for my inventory cleaning posts, but since I actually bought this stunning hair by Alice Project for the Seraphim photo... that lets me off the hook for wearing it for this post as well... Right?  Thought so!  I first remember coming across this designer when I was covering Hair Fair this past summer.  I thought it was odd that the hair comes in a base color and you have to change the color via HUD, but the more I think about it, the more genius I realize it is.  Since these posts are all about reducing the number of items in my inventory, one hair with a HUD instead of multiple items for all the different colors really helps to get my inventory smaller!  Your purchase comes with a mini dye HUD that includes ten natural colors and twenty more 'colorful' colors; you also have options to tint the ends of the hair with dark, light or white.  If those aren't enough colors for you, Alice Project also has other dye HUDs available for purchase!  Demos are free; so, I definitely recommend checking these out.


Credits:
Clothing: [Top] Athena Sweater in Black by Maitreya and [Pants] Leggings in Pearl by Maitreya
Jewelry: Jackie Nekclace by LaGyo
Hair: Yuri by Alice Project @ Around the World
Skin: Geanna Skin Pale DB by Izzie's
Makeup: [Eyeshadow] Geanna Eyeshadow Silver and [Lips] Lipstick Dark Red by Izzie's (Included with purchase of Geanna Skin); [Eyeliner] Black Eyeliner Gentle Fume by Acid & Mala
Eyes: Eternal Eyes in Storm by IKON
Lashes: 2011 Lashes Curl by LeLutka
Pose: Elegant 2 by aDORKable Poses 50% Off Sale
Location: Mayfair

0 comments:

Post a Comment