Copyright © Lashae Karsin ღ
Design by Dzignine
Friday, July 1, 2011

Week 35 of 52 Weeks of Color - Electric Blue

I know that I am a lot of weeks behind on Luna’s 52 Weeks of Color Challenge, but I have really been missing it and decided to do a post for this week. Don’t worry, I do plan on making up the weeks that I was absent, but I just loved the color choice for this week!

Photobucket

When I saw the skirt from Emery at The Dressing Room Blue last weekend, I knew that it would be perfect for electric blue! The textures are absolutely beautiful; I have always thought that blue and orange go wonderfully together, but I may be a bit biased toward that color combination since they were my high school’s colors. The cream speckles add an extra touch of softness to the already soft blue. The only thing that was not my favorite about the skirt is that like most other non poofy sculpted skirts, it really is not AO friendly. Emery has compensated for that, however, by adding an absolute amazing pair of glitch pants for underneath. They honestly blend beautifully with the skirt, and it is hard to tell where one begins and the other ends. I have paired the skirt with a simple system tank from fri.day. I bought the orange version of the VNeck Capsleeve Tee, but it wasn’t quite the right shade of orange. Lucky for me, the shirts are tintable, and it was a very easy fix.

Photobucket

There is so much goodness coming out of the new Truth District sim this weekend, and I will have full reviews on both the new Truth hair styles and new Curio skins very soon (tomorrow perhaps?). In the meantime, I will leave you with these two pictures to keep your mouth watering at all the pretties. The hair style I am wearing is titled Pandora, and it is one of my favorite Truth updos to date. The wavy, loosely hung hair is so very feminine; the sculpts are so amazingly realistic; it looks as though you could just reach out and touch them. As with most other Truth hair, there are some flexi pieces attached to give it realistic movement. If you cannot get into the new sim, this hair is available both in his main store location and via the marketplace.

The hair clip I am wearing is not included with the Pandora hair; it was, however, designed by EarthStones to go with this hair but can be worn with any other hair you may want to wear it with! The clip comes in three designs and is color change; each clip is available for L$299 or L$599 for the fatpack which is like getting one free. Whether you purchase the hair or not, I believe this tiny accessory is a definite must have; with all the flexibility you have with colors, it can go with almost anything casual or dressy! The clip can be purchased at Truth or at EarthStones.

The skin… Oh, the skin! Every time Curio has a new release I get all giddy. Ever since trying my very first Curio skin earlier this year, I just have not been able to get enough of them. Total, Gala released three new skins today; this particular skin is from the Summer line and is titled Lake 1. Ms. Gala truly must have known that I would be putting this outfit together this weekend because the makeup matches so perfectly. Like other Curio skins, this design is amazingly realistic. The amount of time the creator has put into this skin is overly evident; no part is left unfinished or looks like it was completed in a hurry. There is also a gift from Gala in the new Truth District Updates group which is free to join! Grab it while it is still there.


Credits
Clothing: [Shirt] VNeck Capsleeve Tee in Orange (Tinted) by fri.day and [Skirt] Highwaisted Miy by Emery at The Dressing Room Blue
Jewelry: Athena Crystals by (luc)
Accessories: Butterflies Gem Clip by EarthStones
Hair: *Pandora in Mocha by TRUTH
Skin: *Summer [Dark] Lake 1 (Sundust) by Curio
Poses: [1] model.pose 15 and [2] model.pose 18 by fri.day

* Denotes item provided by designer for review.

10 comments: