Copyright © Lashae Karsin ღ
Design by Dzignine
Sunday, July 17, 2011

Week 37 of 52 Weeks of Color - Lemon

I completely thought that 'lemon' was going to be an easy color to find in Second Life; as it turned out, it was a little more difficult to find designers who like to feature the very bright yellow than I what I assumed it would be.

Photobucket

After searching through about five stores I tried focusing my search on stores that typically sell bright, fun colors and immediately thought of Sand Shack Surf Co. I have absolutely loved this store since I was modeling in my early Second Life days and asked one of my employers where she got her adorable shoes at and was directed to the store. I have never purchased anything from this designer that I was later disappointed in; everything is of exceptional quality.

The Cabana Dress is that perfect summer look that is available in fun, girly colors as well as a darker selection if pink and yellow is just a little too much for you. I really love the layers this dress features; it gives the design interest and depth. Resize scripts are not included in the sculpt portion of the dress, but it is modify which allows you to manually resize or add your own scripts.

Photobucket

Wondering where I took my pictures? Last Thursday I attended my first ever (RL or SL) poetry night at The Pixel Bean Coffeehouse hosted by the lovely Harlow Heslop and completely fell in love with the people and the atmosphere. There is such a warmth that emanates from this group; they lovingly welcome newcomers with open arms and make you feel right at home. Of course I wasn't brave enough to share poetry, but I absolutely loved listening to all of the amazing voices share their passion. I was nearly moved to tears on several occasions. If poetry is not your thing, there are other events in the works for The Pixel Bean Coffeehouse; to stay up to date on what is going on, please join the in world group.


Credits
Clothing: Cabana Dress in Yellow/Pink by Sand Shack Surf Co.
Jewelry: Kennedy White Pearl Necklace by Caroline's Jewelry
Shoes: Move Pumps in Powder (FFL Exclusive) by [elikatira]
Hair: Lucia in Mocha by TRUTH
Skin: *Summer [Dark] Pebble 2 (Sundust) by Curio
Poses: [1] *Second the Motion 1 and [2] Stand 167 by !BANG
Location: The Pixel Bean Coffeehouse

* Denotes item provided by designer for review.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful dress. If you're just getting into spoken word may I recommend Saul Williams. He has a new album out called Volcanic Sunshine (I think) some of its on youtube, he's an exceptionally good poet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lashae, your so pretty =)
    I think I need to check out this place. I love to read poetry, and I believe hearing it read is even better. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable dress! I'm loving the lemon looks because it's my fave color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the composition you've used in both pictures, drawing attention to you better and yet showcasing all the fun little details in the background. The lemon dress pops, too!

    ReplyDelete