Copyright © Lashae Karsin ღ
Design by Dzignine
Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Gypsy Girl

So… I was hoping to have my Taste of Second Life Hunt post finished by now, but I severely underestimated the time it takes to photo seventy different prizes. Blah! Hopefully tomorrow. In the meantime, I’ll share with you a couple of photos that I took two weeks or so ago and got so caught up in real life that I didn’t have time to post them. That seriously seems to happen too often.

Photobucket

I cannot believe that I have been blogging for a little over a year now. Perhaps I should do an anniversary post? In that year, I have had the honor and privilege of meeting and blogging some pretty amazing designers. One of those designers is the owner and creator of JANE; I love this store because of its simplicity. Too often you get designers who try to do too much with patterns and oddly shaped prims that are hard to photo and unrealistic for every day wear in Second Life. It’s not often that I can say that I love virtually every release a designer has, but JANE definitely fits that profile. The Gypsy Girl Dress is such a fun look that comes in three amazing color combinations. Typically it is easy for me to choose which color I want to photograph, but I had a bit of difficulty with this one. I honestly love all three choices, and at L$150 per color choice, it wouldn’t be too unreasonable for you to pick up all of them!

Photobucket

I know that I have recently bombarded you with a lot of new skin posts, but if you really want someone to blame, I encourage you to direct your fury at Tapika Tomsen. It’s her fault. I promise. Lol When I first started blogging, I had a handful of skins that I rarely ever switched out. I wore the same skin in nearly ever post. O.o I know… How could I have? Since meeting Tapika, I have been opened up to so many fantastic skin designers. If I’m not mistaken, Mrs. Tomsen introduced me to my first Essences skin during a L$10 sale. As I have mentioned before, the face of a skin makes it or breaks it for me, and Essences definitely delivers a beautiful face! Sarah is one of the most recently released skins. I absolutely LOVE the lips on this skin; they are so juicy and realistic. This skin comes in eight makeup choices and five different skin tones. I do plan on blogging all makeup choices by the weekend; so, definitely keep an eye out for that! Each makeup can be purchased individually for L$800 or as a skin tone fatpack at L$2,500. Free demos are available, and I highly encourage you to pick one up today!

When I first started doing photography in Second Life, I often wore small jewelry pieces because… well… that’s what I wear in real life! I have never been into chunky pieces on the real life me because I think they attract too much attention, and I just don’t really like to stand out in a crowd. I would rather blend. That is one of the amazing aspects of Second Life, however; you don’t have to be entirely like your real life self. You can stand out in a crowd without the fear of feeling self conscious. I have gradually chosen larger pieces of jewelry which honestly photograph much, much better than the smaller pieces. Last Christmas, Tapika introduced me to Lucas Lameth Fashion Jewelry, and I fell in love! His pieces are big and bold, but they are also interesting with a lot of personality. The Flora Disc Necklace and Earrings set matched so perfectly with the Gypsy Dress… I just had to have it! At only L$229, the set is extremely affordable which can also be said of all of his pieces and sets. Beautiful jewelry at a reasonable price! What more can you ask for?


Credits
Clothing: *Gypsy Girl Dress in Cream/Charcoal by JANE
Jewelry: Flora Disc Necklace in Black Metal by (luc)
Hair: Break in Brown 08 by [elikatira]
Skin: *Sarah Peach 01 by Essences


* Denotes item provided by designer for review.

0 comments:

Post a Comment