Copyright © Lashae Karsin ღ
Design by Dzignine
Sunday, June 26, 2011

Taste of Second Life: Once Upon a Time

I had hoped to get my Taste of Second Life post out a little earlier today, but I completely crashed after I got home from church today and slept for three hours! I guess I needed to catch up on some sleep. I really loved the theme this week; “Once Upon a Time” leaves the door open for a lot of fun designs and ideas!

Photobucket

I absolutely fell in love with the pose prop from Tranquility Way Station Designs as soon as I saw it! It is completely adorable and very well made. Although my pictures do not capture the complete idea, the prop base is opened up like a story book with this fairy tale popping up out of it. The backdrop is absolutely gorgeous, and if you look right in the corner, you can see that there is actually a wolf there! I set this prop up before I got dressed, and while I was getting ready I heard a wolf howl. It sort of startled me at first, and then I remembered the prop! The stump that you see in the corner of my picture is fully animated for your posing needs, or of course you can just stand in the middle of it and use your other poses like I did! There really is so much you can do with this, and at only L$75, it is a total win!

Don’t you just absolutely love the Princess Cocktail Dress from Alexohol Fashions? The design is fabulous and the textures are gorgeous. I really love how light and shiny the colors are; it is very feminine and super girly! The detailing on the straps of the dress is really pretty and delicate. This dress could probably also be worn as a ballet dress. The dress comes in three colors which are named after Disney Princeses: Aurora (pink), Belle (yellow) and Cinderella (blue). Each color is available for L$75, or if you would like to have all three, there is a fatpack for L$160!

Photobucket

I completely love the cute little Berry Gretel Dress that ISON has out for you this weekend. There is actually a modesty tee shirt that comes with the outfit as well, but it is perfectly cute without it! The texture on this outfit is fabulous! Not only are the colors adorable, but the care the designer has given in shading and highlighting really gives a depth to the outfit. The skirt is very well sculpted and comes with a resize script which I love since I completely suck at manually resizing something. This dress is available for L$99.

Although you don’t get to see a whole lot of it in this picture, the house that I am using is another TOSL item from L&K Prefabs. The Once Upon a Time cabin is really cute and reminds me of my grandfather’s cabin in real life. The design is rather small at only 10x10 in size (64 prims), but I think that the size gives it more of a cozy feeling. Also, if you only have a small piece of land, this would be perfect for you! You can pick this up until midnight SLT for only L$74.

Although this isn’t a Taste of Second Life item, I would like to mention really quick that the couch and table used in the pic is a new release from Clutter which is available for this weekend at only L$60. The set also comes with three pictures, and a sort of dining set with bookshelf is also available for L$60 this weekend only!

Photobucket

This picture was completely fun to put together! The dress I am wearing is the Ellette Coral Dress from Sweeter Than Candy. I really love the colors featured in this little dress; pink and green have always been two of my favorites to put together. The fairy wings are absolutely adorable and move beautifully; this dress is so worth the L$85 it is being sold for and then some. The design on the bodice of the dress is really beautiful; the detailing is intricate, and I love how the top ends point up. It really is a great design!

The trees are part of the ‘In the Ancient Grove’ set being offered for TOSL by Clutter this weekend. There are four trees total with a designed rock in the center. Up to six people can be seated by this ‘prop’ with six different animations. There are only seven prims total which is pretty impressive. If you are looking to add a little nature to your property, go pick this up for only L$60 until midnight. You cannot beat large pieces like this with low prims at such a low price!

Isn’t the frog absolutely cute?! It is part of the Le Prince Charmant set being offered by Lauria this weekend. Two poses are out for TOSL and two more are out for Lazy Sunday at only L$55 each. With each pose, you do get the frog prop. The pose I am using is not one of the included poses since I didn’t see there is one very similar to it before I took my photo, but it really just goes to show you how versatile the prop can be. The frog is extremely well textured and could just be used as a cute little ‘knick knack’ in your house. This is a definitely must have for any photographer!


Credits
Clothing: [1] *Princess Cocktail Dress in Aurora by Alexohol Fashions, [2] *Berry Gretel Dress by ISON and [3] *Ellette Coral Dress by Sweeter Than Candy
Jewelry: AlienbearXAgnes by Alienbear Designs
Shoes: [3] Rosario Ballet Flats in Pearl by Cherry
Hair: Novel in Brown 08 by [elikatira]
Skin: Bitu (Bronze) – Paradise Bird by Al Vulo at The Fashion Garret
Poses: [1] Top Model Spring 2011 Makeover – Molly by Exposeur, [2] Brittani by Exposeur and [3] Magical 1 by DeePosed

* Denotes item provided by designer for review. All Taste of Second Life props were also provided by the designers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment