Copyright © Lashae Karsin ღ
Design by Dzignine
Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks

Too often I feel that we, and when we I say we I mean to say especially me, lose sight of what the American holiday of Thanksgiving should truly be about. Too often it is simply about eating more food that you honestly should and visiting family and friends. But, how often do we stop to actually think of all the things that we are truly and abundantly blessed with? Certainly not often enough.

Over the past week or so I have tried to make it a point every day on my real life Facebook account to post something I am thankful for. My posts have been from the big things in my life like my wonderful boyfriend and my family to the 'smaller' things that I rarely think about like having electricity and running water. Even if I continue to post a different thing or person that I am thankful for the the rest of my life (and hopefully I still have quite a few years left in me), there is no way that I could ever possibly list everything. God as so richly blessed me, and I am ashamed to admit that most the time I take it all for granted. An example would be my 'smaller' thanks of electricity and running water. I'm sure that would be nothing small to someone living in a third world country or even to someone who lives in a progressed nation who cannot afford their bills. Unless there was a widespread electrical outage, I have never had to go without either of those.

I am personally going to try hard every day to think of something different that I am thankful for. To me, this will be an excellent exercise which will hopefully in the end will help me to not to take anything, even the 'little' things, for granted.

What I'm Wearing: The dress that I am wearing is a replica of the classic Pilgrim outfit worn by women. The owner of A Touch of Ireland is so extremely generous to me, and yes, I am very thankful for her! AliciaKay Kilara specializes in costumes and has almost anything you could possibly want. Although it is not pictured below, the outfit also includes shoes to match. A Touch of Ireland is most definitely the place to go for all of your costume needs!

Photobucket

Clothing: *Pilgrim Female Dress 2010 by A Touch of Ireland
Shoes: Included with Clothing
Hair: Josephine in Mocha by TRUTH
Skin: Pearl 2 (Peach) by LAQ
Pose: *Poofy 9 Mirror by aDORKable Poses


Photobucket

* Denotes item provided by designer for review.

0 comments:

Post a Comment