Copyright © Lashae Karsin ღ
Design by Dzignine
Monday, November 22, 2010

I Could Seriously Kiss Luna Jubilee

For months I have been trying to find a way to make my ava have the smooth lines that I have seen so many other bloggers produce with their pictures. I have actually been considering saving up to buy a new computer even though mine is barely two years old. I want a better graphics card! I'm sure that by now everyone has heard of Luna Jubilee's 52 Weeks of Color Challenge. While on her site, I was checking out some of her 'categories' and noticed that she had something listed as BootCamp. Well, of course that sparked my interest and I clicked it! Low and behold in her Blogger's Boot Camp she has instructions for producing high resolution images. I had already bumped my graphics to ultra and clicked the "high-res snapshot" option in Second Life, but I hadn't increased the size of my photographs! Oh my, what a difference it makes! Since I hadn't redressed from my last blog post, I just went ahead and tried a new photograph with the same shoes. The new picture looks 1,000,000 times better. All I did in Photo Shop was reduce the photograph size to 600 pixels. That's it! With my previous picture I did a lot of touching up to try and not make my legs look so jagged. I'm forever indebted to you, Luna Jubilee! My Second Life does crash every time I take a picture, but I think it may definitely be worth it to get pictures of this quality. If anyone has any idea how to not make my Second Life crash, I would seriously appreciate the input!

Before

Photobucket


After

Photobucket




Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. One thing I always do is not run anything else while Im shooting, no other programs and if you are using a studio many of the SL things can be turned down or off such as particles, atmosphere shaders and choose a nice windlight setting. I dont shoot on ultra ever and unless Im outside shooting I dont care what the trees look like :) . I do go to preferences > graphic > hardware and set anistrophic filtering and antialiasing to 4x or more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your suggestions! I will definitely try that the next time I shoot. I do shoot with a backdrop most of the time simply because it's more convenient; so, turning down all the graphics that has to do with trees and terrain makes perfect sense!

    ReplyDelete