Copyright © Lashae Karsin ღ
Design by Dzignine
Tuesday, November 23, 2010

What I Love

Blogger Challenge from StrawberrySingh:

"This week's challenge is blogging about what you love about Second Life. Is it something in your inventory? A person? A feeling? What makes you log back into Second Life everyday?"

Photobucket

Clothing: *Milk Maid by Siss Boom @ L$100
Hair: Kitty in Mocha by TRUTH
Skin: Ania 2 (Peach) by LAQ
Pose: Glitz 2 by !bang
Background by RubyBlossom


What I love about Second Life has changed so much over the course of the past thirteen months. When I first joined, I loved going to parties and participating in dress up contests. I 'made' my real life boyfriend join so that we could dance the night away. We live nearly six hours apart in real life; so, Second Life was an easy way for us to spend time together without really being together. Of course I always prefer to have the real life version of him with me, but for the time being, Second Life Dryden will have to do.

I have never been a big shopper in real life, but from the very start I have loved to shop on Second Life. I am awed and amazed that people can create designs in a virtual world that look so real. I suppose my love for fashion is what eventually lead to my love for photography. Looking back, my first photographs were in all honesty rather horrible. I had no clue as to what windlight settings even were or that I could edit them. I didn't have any poses, and, of course, I most definitely didn't have my own photo studio then. I started posting pictures on Flickr for the weekly contest Lemania Indigo Designs had to win copies of her new releases. I was beyond elated the first time I won. My techniques eventually improved and somewhere along the line someone gave me the suggestion for my current love in Second Life.

I started blogging in June of this year, and while I did take a short break, I have fallen completely in love with it. It enables me to combine my love for fashion and photography and has also allowed me to meet a lot of amazing and extremely generous people along the way. I do not know where I would be without the blogging tips from SweetDeb Kips and Tapika Tomsen or the photography advice from Vanessinha Vectoscope. I know there are many people who do not like to share their secrets, but these three ladies have always graciously answered any question I had. I could not thank them enough. I also could not have done without Lanj Plasker and Rachella Rossini cheering me on the entire way; both of these ladies are always so positive and send me all the amazing sales they hear about and new stores they discover!

So what is it that I really love about Second Life? I can't just boil it down to one thing... It's the time I get to spend with ♥Dryden, the priceless friendships that I have made and the endless and oh so amazing fashion and photography. This is what keeps me coming back.



Photobucket

* Denotes item provided by designer for review.

3 comments:

  1. Great post and really enjoyed your blog, Lashae. It's nice to see what good things SL can do for people instead of reading all the whingeing on... ahem Forums *laughs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your Blog soooo much Lashae ;)) We have to make some "review clothes" pictures together dear :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's wonderful that you both have SL as a way to connect even at such a distance. Great post. <3

    ReplyDelete